"Sustainable Development of Rural Areas and Agriculture" – Call for Papers
The journal Sustainability (ISSN 2071-1050, Impact Factor 2.592) is currently running a Special Issue entitled "Sustainable Development of Rural Areas and Agriculture". We would kindly invite you to contribute a paper to this special issue: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability/special_issues/sus_rural_agri
Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. Manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcomed.
The submission deadline is 31 May 2020. You may send your manuscript now or up until the deadline. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted). For further details on the submission process, please see the instructions for authors at the journal website (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability/instructions).
BUP SYMPOSIUM 2020
The Baltic University Programme's main aim is to support building strong regional educational and research communities. As a part of this, we are arranging a scientific symposium in Visby, 24-28 August, 2020. This is:
- an opportunity to meet colleagues
- an arena where to discuss research
- an opportunity to disseminate and take part of new knowledge
- an opportunity to get published and spread research in the BUP
Please visit our web site for the BUP SYMPOSIUM 2020: http://www.bupsymposium2020.se.
There are in total three parts of the BUP Symposium:
- Parallel BUP events Monday 24th August (free of charge for colleagues from BUP Member Universities)
- BUP Research Forum - Research and Innovation for a Sustainable Baltic Sea Region Tuesday 25th August - Wednesday 26th August (free of charge for colleagues from BUP Member Universities) This scientific conference will stress the following different themes that will have their own sessions at the conference: Climate Change and Renewable Energy, Sustainable Food Systems, Sustainable Water Resources, Urban-Rural Development, Sustainable Mobility, Circular Economy, Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), Sustainable Tourism and Sustainable Societies. You may submit an abstract for the theme sessions at the BUPSYMPOSIUM2020 via the web site. At this stage, we invite you to submit an abstract (http://www.bupsymposium2020.se/index.php/register-submit/call-for-abstracts-theme-sessions) for any of the nine theme sessions. In December we will open the registration for part one and two of the symposium.
- 5th World Symposium on Sustainable Development at Universities (WSSD-U-2020) Thursday 27th August - Friday 28th August
The symposium is entitled: "Universities, Sustainability and Society: Supporting the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals", and will contribute to the further development of this fast-growing field. Colleagues from BUP Member Universities are welcome to apply to Lyudmyla Babak at the BUP Coordinating Secretariat, if you are interested in having one of the 20 places with reduced conference fee of Euro 150. The fee includes free lunches and coffee breaks on 27th-28th August 2020 and a free on-line copy of the publication „Universities, Sustainability and Society: Supporting the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals”, to be made available to the authors who contributed to it.
We hope to see you in Visby;
The BUP Coordinating Secretariat, Uppsala University
First Volume of the "Encyclopedia of the Sustainable Development
First Volume of the "Encyclopedia of the Sustainable Development"
Workshop in Zakopane, Poland (10 - 13 June 2019)
The Baltic University Programme, the Institute of Geography and Spatial Management at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków and the Tatra National Park have a great pleasure to welcome to the 2nd International Hydrological Workshop Sustainable water resources management in high mountains in the Baltic Sea Region.
Date: 10 - 13 June 2019
Place: Zakopane, Poland (Polish Tatra Mountains)
Participation in the workshop gives an opportunity to get 3 ECTS and diploma signed by three partners: the Director of the Baltic University Programme, the Rector of the Jagiellonian University, and the Director of the Tatra National Park.
In case of further questions, please contact Joanna Pociask-Karteczka (joanna.pociask firstname.lastname@example.org, Jagiellonian University) or Lyudmyla Babak (email@example.com, the Baltic University Programme).
Visiting Professorship Maria Curie Skłodowska University (UMCS), Lublin
More information HERE
Call for Papers
Universities and Climate Change: Understanding and managing the extreme impacts of climate change, Warsaw, Poland 4th - 5th July 2019 (Deadline 20.12.2018)
International Conference on Multidisciplinary Research on Climate Change and mitigation of its impacts. The conference is organized by the University of Warsaw, Poland and HAW Hamburg, Germany under the auspices of the International Climate Change Information and Research Program (ICCIRP). The outcome of the conference will be a reviewed publication in the Springer Publishing House, part of a series of publications on climate change.
Invitation to participate in the EduBUP project, which focuses on the personal development of university teachers in the programme countries of the BUP. A series of workshops is aimed on transforming education in the sense of sustainable principles and implementing education for sustainable development by changing curricula and teaching and learning methods. The project focuses on pedagogical principles and their integration into the teaching process.
For SUA teachers, accommodation and meals are fully covered by BUP Centre.