European Spatial Observation Network (ESPON)
no call so far
The objective of the ESPON 2020 Cooperation Programme is to support the reinforcement of the effectiveness of EU Cohesion Policy and other sectoral policies and programmes under European Structural Investment (ESI) funds as well as national and regional territorial development policies, through the production, dissemination and promotion of territorial evidence covering the entire territory of the 28 EU Members States, as well as 4 Partner States of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
Primary target group is policymakers and the secondary target group invoves universities and private sector.
The five specific objectives that will guide the implementation of the ESPON 2020 Programme are:
- Specific Objective 1: Enhanced production of territorial evidence through applied research and analyses.
- Specific Objective 2: Upgraded knowledge transfer and use of analytical user support.
- Specific Objective 3: Improved territorial observation and tools for territorial analyses.
- Specific Objective 4: Wider outreach and uptake of territorial evidence.
- Specific Objective 5: Leaner, and more effective and efficient implementation provisions and more proficient programme assistance.