Erasmus+ is the new action programme of the EU in the field of education, youth and sport for the years 2014 - 2020 planning to support 4 milion people to study, train, volunteer or teach abroad, with the budget of 14,7 billion EUR.
It brings together the previous EU programmes:
1. Lifelong Learning Programme 2007-2013 (Erasmus, Leonardo da Vinci, Comenius, Grundtvig, Transverzal programme),
2. Five International Cooperation programmes (Erasmus Mundus, Tempus, Alfa, Edulink, the programme for cooperation with industrialised countries)
3. Youth in Action
4. and for the first time support for Sport is added.
ERASMUS+ is a broad programme offering European opportunities in the fields of education, training, youth and sport and adopts a single, unified structure with three clear Key Action areas explaining the activities funded.
KEY ACTION 1 (KA1): Learning mobility of individuals
- students and staff mobility
- students degree mobility - Joint Master degrees
- Erasmus+ Master degree loans
KEY ACTION 2 (KA2): Cooperation for innovation and good practices
Capacity Building Partnerships
KEY ACTION 3 (KA3): Support for Policy Reform
Jean Monnet - JM Chairs, JM Academic Modules, JM Centres of Excellence, JM Networks,JM Projects
Slovak University of Agriculture has for the first time joined the European education programme SOCRATES (the predecessor of the current Erasmus+ programme) in academic year 1998/1999. During this period we sent out more than 1000 students and 300 teachers and received more than 500 students and 300 teachers. We cooperate with partner institutions throughout Europe, now extending to the rest of the world within the new possibility to exchange students and staff with the "partner countries under KA1.
More information about ERASMUS+ programme is available at: